Tuesday, June 4, 2013

DIY Light Experiment

Okay, my husband and I have been trying to decide on a light fixture for our room for a while now. 

Before we moved in, we painted the room BM Florida Keys Blue. We threw some crown moulding up, quickly and started putting stuff in. 

A few weeks ago, I showed my inspiration pic.

Souce: Unknown
Checklist:
  • Tear down crown moulding
  • Paint ceiling and trim white
  • Paint walls a medium brown
  • Make padded headboard
  • New white bedding from Pottery Barn
  • Antique duck prints or paintings
  • 2 "nightstands"
  • Jute or Sisal rug and cowhide rug to layer on top
  • 2 side chairs and a small table 
  • Redo dresser
  • 80"+ mirror
I think that's everything! 

Moving on...

I found some lights that I liked and showed my husband.


We both liked this one, but we have 8 foot ceilings and this wouldn't work. So, we improvised and I also didn't want the lighting to be the focal point of the room, so we downplayed the design a bit.

 

This is what we came up with.

The ceiling fan we had up there damaged the ceiling, so we have to fix that. We also have to patch the hole that the medallion is hiding. So, this is not an "official" after, just a "we're getting there slowly" kinda thing! 


Thanks for reading, 
Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment